Today we decided to add the deep supers to the hive bottoms and give them a little feed to try to egg them on. Pretty sure if they don’t get building there won’t be a chance of us getting any honey.
Hive #1 -Ba-Bee-Lonia
It still has a lot of drone cells and although we didn’t see the queen I saw a lot of cells with single eggs dropped right in the middle. We also say a LOT of ants. We’ll keep an eye on it.
Hive #2 – (Tardis)
This hive is in awesome shape. The brood chamber is about 60% built out. Spotted the queen on frame 3 doing her royal duty
Hive #3 – (Unimatrix Zero)
This is the hive we started from the nuc. Looks like it’s going to be big hot mess #2. When I installed it I saw a hive beetle and wax moth larvae. More alarming was a single supersedure cell. I wans’t two worried because a queen was probably introduced to the hive after the split. But when I opened it today I saw two more so I’m thinking the girls are trying to make a new queen for a reason. Other than that they are building out quite nicely.
I fed pollen patties to all three hives to try to get them to the top of the deep supers.